By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 21st Century Creations Inspired by the Wii Remote

21st Century Creations Inspired by the Wii Remote

The copy is always inferior to the original 77 89.53%

I'm in denial 9 10.47%

Total:86

Nintendo arrived with their Motion Controls back in 2006 and instantly made history, broke sales records multiple times, generated envy and inevitably some companies tried to mimic the success of such a creation, some weeks, months and even way many years after the arrival of the Wii console.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and we are sure that Nintendo is a company very flattered. This thread will be updated as new material pops in.

21st Century Creations Inspired by the Wii Remote 

The Wii Remote and Nunchuk

==========\\==========\\==========\\==========\\ ==========\\==========\\==========

The Copies

Vii 

Vii 2

Motus Darwin

Stix

PS Move and Subcontroller

X360 Gametrak Freedom Controller 

Blaze PS3  Controller (unreleased?)

I-Too Hammer Motion Controller Set 

Asus Eee Stick 

Varnam Q3 Games Console

Sony Ericsson Zeemote

Elonex iGame

Zone 40\Zone SEGA

Lenovo IdeaCentre A600 

Wi Vision 

MiWi 

CyWee Z Game Controller 

==========\\==========\\==========\\==========\\ ==========\\==========\\========== 

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. . . . It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."

~John Dryden

Around the Network

wow, i had no idea there were THAT many blatant copycats :(

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

Vonboy, there's more out there most likely, but those were the "only" ones I could find in 1 hour of google mashing.

Damn, this is amusing.

I just spent 20 minutes reading how kotaku's shameful Sony love has made them look the hypocrites, i guess they don't agree with you Bamboleo

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:
Damn, this is amusing.

I just spent 20 minutes reading how kotaku's shameful Sony love has made them look the hypocrites, i guess they don't agree with you Bamboleo

hmm...

Too bad...?  :p

Around the Network

I'd like to had some Sony quote about the Wii remote from 2007 maybe:

"I think the notion of that controller is a non-trivial point that you’ve brought up, that control and that familiarity is like comfort food - from my perspective, we lead, we don’t follow. And as a brand, Nintendo’s got their thing, and we’re not trying to get the senior citizen group to get into gaming"

", but we’d never consider iterating off of existing competitive technology - because we think that’s a fad and that’s not the way we approach product development. It’s not the way we approach the marketing or the branding of PlayStation."

10/10

It's just that simple.

The level of epic buthurt by the internet, and all gaming media and game companies is just wonderful.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Vii 2 is the most ugliest thing that ive seen in my life lol

I give this thread a 10.