By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DF: God of War III E3 demo vs. final demo

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-godofwariii-demo-vs-retail-blog-entry

"The conclusions from the video are enlightening: the video above shows a significant improvement in frame-rate in like-for-like scenes. In our analysis of the E3 demo, we were curious about why the game ran with an unlocked frame-rate when in the thick of the action, frame-rates were around the 30FPS area anyway. Looking at the final game, the performance increase speaks for itself, and while there is still noticeable judder incurred by the variable frame-rate, the effect is mitigated somewhat by the quality of the motion blur."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quite impressive then

Around the Network

I'm really looking forward to playing the game, so I can actually get to really see this comparison (as I have the game under boycott), but it seems like it has been upgraded considerably!

you mean e3 demo vs final game

I feel there is a considerable difference, especially in the texture smoothing and polishing. and Frame rate way ahead.

Sony needs to release an updated version of the E3 demo at least.

The E3 demo is fun, but it's been over used and doesn't do the final version justice.

Around the Network

The first pics are even in the favour of the demo IMO
however the last ones are clearly superior in the final product.

Oh my.... I would really like to play this game.

Back in 2005, Sony Santa Monica redefined the technical limitations of an entire console generation with the epic God of War. Five years later, the team has done it again with its debut PS3 outing. God of War III is magnificent.

notice how in the video the game runs at 40 plus FPS compared to the demo which tends to fall under 30

mM

Wow there is quit a difference there, Another week, they are doing a midnight release in my area for GOW3 , I will be there!!!! CANT WAIT