By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Disney: Epic Mickey could eventually end up on Xbox 360 or PS3

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2010/02/18/disney-epic-mickey-could-eventually-end-up-on-xbox-360-or-ps3/#more-80915

When we think of the future, we see jetpacks, embarassingly tight-fitting spandex unitards, and that awesome hoverboard scene from Back to the Future.

But when we’re not stuck in jetpack traffic or modeling clothes that spit in the face of silly modern conceptions like “shame” and “dignity,” our futures will apparently be occupied with Epic Mickey on platforms that aren’t the Wii.

Speaking during DICE 2010, Disney game exec Graham Hopper noted that Epic Mickey’s paint stroke-centric gameplay was perfectly suited to the Wii’s “intuitive” controls.

But what of Natal and Arc? Unfortunately, it all came down to timing.

“If we started it 6 months ago we would have potentially thought differently about it,” he said.

“We have a very large audience base that has Wiis in their home,” he added optimistically. “That’s not to say that we won’t go to other platforms in the future.”

More over at Gamasutra.

Around the Network

Another exclusive third party Wii game gets out.. whats left?

(well wii shouldn't bother they're selling like hotcakes anyways , besides people buy nintendo for nintendo games.)

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Meh not really interested in this one, Super Mario Galaxy 2 please!

Just like SFIV or RE5 "could" come to the Wii. PR talk.

At what point does he even say Epic Mickey could eventually end up on the Xbox 360 or PS3?

Around the Network

Uhm ... no thank you.

By the time Arc and Natal have acceptable userbase (2012 being generous) this game will be dated and forgotten.

This is a Wii exclusive.

And that PR talk translated means: "Nintendo, we want YOU to market this game like you're doing with monster hunter 3 and help it selling millions"

I tink we have learnt this gen that anything is possible with third parties.
Final Fantasy XIII is a fine example of how no third party exclusive is safe. If there's money to be made...

Epic Mickey was meant as a HD game from the beginning so seing a HD port later on wouldn't surprise me.

fwap said:
At what point does he even say Epic Mickey could eventually end up on the Xbox 360 or PS3?

“That’s not to say that we won’t go to other platforms in the future.”

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
fwap said:

“That’s not to say that we won’t go to other platforms in the future.”

I still don't see where it says this title might go to other platforms in the future in this article.

“We have a very large audience base that has Wiis in their home,” he added optimistically. “That’s not to say that we won’t go to other platforms in the future.”

That sounds to me like they are saying they are not ruling out titles for other platforms in the future.