By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - nintendo might unveil a new platform at gdc

link the good thing is that this isnt some rumor from some analyst like michael patcher. this rumor comes from a big publisher who says this thing exists but it may or may not be unveiled at gdc.

Around the Network

Wii Vitality. Everyone already knew.

DS 2 and Wii 2. Or one of those. Etheir way. I think they are going to announce a new platform soon at this year's E3. If not E3 2011 will be more lilkey

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Revealing Wii 2 would be retarded. DS2 makes much more sense.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Galaki said:
Wii Vitality. Everyone already knew.

That's not a platform that's a add on

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

Highly doubt a Wii2 or a WiiHD since that doesn't make any business sense and N is very business savvy.
Could be the vitality sensor or another DS but didn't the big screen DS just come out?
Hmmm I am leaning towards the vitality sensor but odd the rumor says 'platform'.

Current Favorites:
Wii - Muramasa, MH3, Metroid Trilogy, RS2, Okami, RE4, COD, Dead Space, Scarface
PC - L4D, TF2, BFBC2, Killing Floor, Aquaria, Warsow, many UDK indie games
Mods - MechWarrior:Living Legends, Star Wars: Galatic Warfare, PVKII, Goldeneye Source, L4D mods
PS3 - Demon Souls, Way of the Samurai 3
Social Modding Club: ModDb | Steam

Neither a Wii successor nor a DS one makes sense.

Vitality Sensor it is.

My first reaction was DS2, my second was Wii2 (if this is true at all).

Why DS2 - because sales are starting to go down.
Why not DS2 - because they just recently started the DS LL in Japan and haven't even begun selling it anywhere else.
Why Wii2 - because the are starting to run out of major franchises that can seriously push the Wii beyond, say, 2011, and 3rd party support is lessening. Why not Wii2 - because all that said and done, Wii is generally still selling like hotcakes.

Possible scenario - they announce a more expensive Wii2 (with HD and a vitality sensor system) that is completely backwards compatible that will come out around mid-2011. When it comes out, people will have the choice of either buying an (initially) $350 Wii2 or a (then) $150 Wii. Any games you buy for Wii will not be obsolete.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

I seriosuly doubt they will

Anyone wanna bet? They're not talking about VS, it's a new DS or something completely different.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.