FIFA 20 Tops 10 Million Players - NewsWilliam D'Angelo , posted 4 days ago / 1,262 Views
Electronic Arts announced FIFA 20 has surpassed 10 million players since it launched on September 27 for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC. The game is also available through EA Access and Origin Access.
EA is celebrating the milestone with giving players 8,000 Volta Coins who get into the game by October 17. The coins can be used to customize players avatars.
Here are more numbers for the game:
- FIFA 20 players have surpassed 450 million matches played, with 1.2 billion goals scored across all modes in the game.
- FIFA Ultimate Team sees more players than ever competing in the first three weeks since launch, with over 272 million FUT games played to date. In addition, more than 138 million games have been played in Division Rivals, with players racking up wins in the FUT Champions Weekend League to become FUT Champions Verified and cement their spot on the EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series Rankings on The Road to The FIFA eWorld Cup™.
- VOLTA FOOTBALL has claimed its spot as the second most popular mode in FIFA 20, with over 5 million avatars created to date and virtual matches played across courts around the world, with the top 5 locations being Berlin, Rome, Lagos, London and Cape Town.
Here is an overview of the game:
Powered by Frostbite, EA Sports FIFA 20 brings two sides of The World’s Game to life—the prestige of the professional stage and an all-new, authentic street football experience in EA Sports Volta. FIFA 20 innovates across the game, Football Intelligence unlocks an unprecedented platform for gameplay realism, FIFA Ultimate Team offers more ways to build your dream squad and EA Sports Volta returns the game to the street with an authentic form of small-sided football.
■ What is EA Sports Volta Football?
Volta—meaning ‘to return’ in Portuguese—takes the game back to the streets with an authentic small-sided football experience. Volta moves you from the roar of the stadium to the rhythm of the streets in football playgrounds all over the world as you build your player, pick your gear, and express your own personal style.
Express your style in Volta with a custom-built gameplay system grounded in football realism. Inspired by the authentic small-sided form of football played in streets, cages, and futsal courts across the world; Volta gameplay immerses you in the flow of the street with new tools including simplified flicks and skill moves, new flair animations, and even the option to use the wall to your advantage.
Volta Football gives you countless ways to customize and personalize your player. From how they dress, to their hairstyle and tattoos, and new celebratory emotes, create your male or female player and showcase them across the various game modes in VOLTA Football.
Show off your style in Volta Football by equipping your player with the latest vanity items ranging from shirts, shoes, and sweaters to different tattoos and hairstyles. Unlock more vanity items as you progress through Volta by completing in-game challenges.
Volta Football brings football playgrounds from all over the globe to life. From an underpass in Amsterdam, to a neighborhood cage in London, to a Tokyo rooftop, VOLTA Football lets you taste the regional experience of the global game.
Play it your way
Customization is at the center of the way you play Volta Football. Play 3v3 Rush (No GK’s), 4v4, 4v4 Rush, 5v5 and Professional Futsal. In addition, Volta offers different sizes of arenas and environments with and without walls, giving you the freedom to play the beautiful game the way you want.
- Volta Kick-Off: Take your favorite professional teams back to the streets and compete in a number of Volta locations and match formats. Play PSG vs. Lyon in Paris, the Madrid derby in the streets of Spain, or Chelsea vs. Spurs in a London cage.
- Volta World: Build up your Volta team by playing through Single Player Matches against community generated squads in a variety of formats and locations. After each victory, recruit a player from the opposing team and build your squad up in terms of both skill and chemistry.
- Volta Story: Take your unique player through a narrative driven experience, where you face off against various legends of street football from around the world. Earn rewards, customize your player, and recruit for your squad, culminating in the Volta World Championship tournament in Buenos Aires.
- Volta League: Play your way through promotion and relegation with the online Volta League. The new player versus player formats places your team against others online, where wins lead to promotion into a higher division.
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at email@example.com or on Twitter @TrunksWD.