Super Mario Maker 2 Remains at the Top of the Japanese Charts - SalesWilliam D'Angelo , posted 6 days ago / 1,454 Views
Super Mario Maker 2 (NS) has remained at the top of the Japanese charts in its second week with sales of 83,204 units, according to Famitsu for the week ending July 7.
Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers (PS4) debuted in second with sales of 22,260 units. Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle (NS) debuted in fourth with sales of 19,127 units. The PlayStation 4 version debuted in sixth with sales of 14,817 units.
The Nintendo Switch was the best-selling platform with sales 75,481 units. The PlayStation 4 sold 11,303 units, the 3DS sold 2,550 units. The PlayStation Vita sold 206 units and the Xbox One sold 101 units.
Here is the complete top 10 chart:
- [NSW] Super Mario Maker 2 (Nintendo, 06/28/19) – 83,204 (279,357)
- [PS4] Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers (Square Enix, 07/02/19) – 22,260 (New)
- [NSW] Yo-kai Watch 4: We’re Looking Up at the Same Sky (Level-5, 06/20/19) – 19,407 (210,504)
- [NSW] Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle (Koei Tecmo, 07/04/19) – 19,127 (New)
- [NSW] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu (Konami, 06/27/19) – 18,719 (94,224)
- [PS4] Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle (Koei Tecmo, 07/04/19) – 14,817 (New)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo, 12/07/18) – 8,968 (3,149,468)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 8,183 (2,356,972)
- [NSW] Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Bundle Version Included) (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 7,234 (837,919)
- [NSW] Splatoon 2 (Bundle Version Included) (Nintendo, 07/21/17) – 6,072 (3,105,283)
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @TrunksWD.