Aggelos Release Date Announced for PS4 and Xbox One - NewsWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 24 June 2019 / 955 Views
Publisher PQube and developer Wonderboy Bobi announced the 2D action adventure game, Aggelos, will launch for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on July 12.
We're happy to announce that @StorybirdGames' critically-acclaimed retro action-RPG, #Aggelos, will launch on #PS4 and #XboxOne on July 12th! Whether you're an old school player, or newer to gaming, you won't wanna miss out on this one! pic.twitter.com/kEamfpQkN0— PQube Games (@PQubeGames) June 24, 2019
Here is an overview of the game:
Step through time and discover a mesmerizing new action-RPG that looks like it was plucked straight out of the 16-bit era, but plays like a modern-day marvel! Inspired by non-linear Japanese retro adventures such as Wonder Boy In Monster World, Aggelos hurls players into the middle of a colossal struggle for survival as beings from another dimension threaten to invade the peaceful Kingdom of Lumen. Bursting with secrets and side-quests, and boasting slick melee combat that any 2D action game would envy, Aggelos is the perfect combination of retro style and modern-day game design.
- A vast kingdom to explore – Venture through forests, seas, cave systems and ancient temples as you seek to uncover the magical elements needed to save the world from total annihilation.
- A classical non-linear adventure – Explore a sprawling world that gradually reveals itself, Metroidvania-style, as you gain new abilities and equipment.
- Deadly encounters – Thwart towering bosses and their tricky minions as you take on perilous mainline quests and optional odd-jobs for the people of Lumen.
- Tactical depth – Unlock magical abilities and high-level attacks, expertly chaining these immense powers together to clear screens of enemies in seconds.
- Stunning sprite art – Forget out-of-place modern art: Aggelos boasts superlative character designs and animations while remaining proudly, and faithfully, 16-bit through and through.
- Memorable chiptunes – Lose yourself to a retro-inspired soundtrack that floods the Kingdom of Lumen with life.
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @TrunksWD.
There are no comments to display.