Slay the Spire Headed to the PS4 - NewsWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 23 April 2019 / 631 Views
Mega Crit Games announced the roguelike RPG, Slay the Spire, is coming to the PlayStation 4 on May 21.
View the announcement trailer below:
Here is an overview of the game:
We fused card games and roguelikes together to make the best single player deckbuilder we could. Craft a unique deck, encounter bizarre creatures, discover relics of immense power, and Slay the Spire!
- Three core characters that each have their own unique set of cards. (With more planned.)
- 200+ fully implemented cards.
- 50+ unique combat encounters.
- 100+ different items to be found.
- Procedurally generated levels.
- Tons of unlockables.
- Dynamic Deck Building: Choose your cards wisely! Discover hundreds of cards to add to your deck with each attempt at climbing the Spire. Select cards that work together to efficiently dispatch foes and reach the top.
- An Everchanging Spire: Whenever you embark on a journey up the Spire, the layout differs each time. Choose a risky or safe path, face different enemies, choose different cards, discover different relics, and even fight different bosses!
- Powerful Relics to Discover: Powerful items known as relics can be found throughout the Spire. The effects of these relics can greatly enhance your deck through powerful interactions. But beware, obtaining a relic may cost you more than just gold…
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at email@example.com or on Twitter @TrunksWD.